Sunday, September 05, 2004

Warranty Acceptance Corporation

My dad almost purchased an auto extended warranty from this company. They must have some good brochures. It convinced my dad to buy a policy. He had the check in the mail box when I sent him what I found.

First I checked their report on the Better Business Bureau of South Alabama. They seemed to have a less-than-stellar report. Second, I investigated the Warranty Acceptance Corporation web page. The website doesn't necessarily prove it's a business that'll be there for the long term since anyone can construct a website that looks professional. However, if a website lacks professionalism, then something is suspicious. When I checked their web site, half of it was under construction. After several months, I checked back and still lots of it was under construction. Here is their FAQ Page which is still under construction as of today's posting.

After my dad read my email, he was able to retreive his check from his mailbox before the mailman had arrived. I can't say for sure if Warranty Acceptance Corporation is legitimate, but neither myself nor my dad felt comfortable with them. It never hurts to check out what the BBB says and what their website looks like.

1 Comments:

Blogger jrc said...

THIS IS A BAD WARRANTY . COMPAMY WANT TO SUPPLY CHEAP REPLACEMENT PART TO REPAIR SHOP . ATTEMTPS TO CLAIM NORMAL WEAR ON FAILED ITEMS . VERY POOR COVERAGE

11/25/08, 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home